Quick Cabin - Artist Forum
 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of Old 05-07-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TerryCurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,691
Quick Cabin

Last night I did a quick initial sketch to work out an idea for a painting. Here it is. When I put it on the canvas I will put it in a landscape picture and add detail, but I wanted to jell an initial idea first. I think I'm going to like this sketchbook forum. Great idea Susan.



Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4843.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	12930  

Susan Mulno and Courtney like this.
TerryCurley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of Old 05-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,021
If I may, I would like to suggest that you look up 2 point perspective. The use of it would solve the problem with the short side of the cabin.
TerryCurley likes this.
just is offline  
post #3 of Old 05-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
 
Bushcraftonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mansfield, MO
Posts: 1,056
HEY.. I'm suing for copyright infringement.. That looks too much like my cabin.. ROTFLOL!

Good picture Sis.. A tip.. ALWAYS the edge lines are vertical.. never at a slant.. that will help you a lot on this one..

D
TerryCurley likes this.

Dvid
Bushcraft On Fire

Art From The Bush - https://www.facebook.com/ArtFromTheBush
Deviant Art - http://bushcraftonfire.deviantart.com/
Bushcraftonfire is offline  
 
post #4 of Old 05-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17
Nice! Regarding perspective, the chimney line would be parallel to the roof and so would the side of the window because they are entering the roof at the angle of the roof. The top part of the chimney wouldn't be parallel to the slants in the roof because it's squared off at the top and not parallel to the roof. Regardless, I would still happily retire there! My children and I are vacationing in your beautiful Arkansas in July. This is the sort of thing I'm hoping to see!
Courtney is offline  
post #5 of Old 05-07-2015, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TerryCurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by just View Post
If I may, I would like to suggest that you look up 2 point perspective. The use of it would solve the problem with the short side of the cabin.
Hey Just, where you been? Welcome back.

Yeah I'm not happy at all with the side of the cabin. I need to work on it. I got a couple of links given to me of tutorials on 2 point perspective. I swear the picture was better last night. Gremlins came in and messed with it.



TerryCurley is offline  
post #6 of Old 05-07-2015, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TerryCurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushcraftonfire View Post
HEY.. I'm suing for copyright infringement.. That looks too much like my cabin.. ROTFLOL!

Good picture Sis.. A tip.. ALWAYS the edge lines are vertical.. never at a slant.. that will help you a lot on this one..

D
Yeah you were my inspiration. I tried to make it different though and even if I didn't you couldn't say it's a copy LOL. Yours is better, mine will be better in time.



TerryCurley is offline  
post #7 of Old 05-07-2015, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TerryCurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
Nice! Regarding perspective, the chimney line would be parallel to the roof and so would the side of the window because they are entering the roof at the angle of the roof. The top part of the chimney wouldn't be parallel to the slants in the roof because it's squared off at the top and not parallel to the roof. Regardless, I would still happily retire there! My children and I are vacationing in your beautiful Arkansas in July. This is the sort of thing I'm hoping to see!
We have a lot of houses like this around here. If you like country you'll love Arkansas.

Your comments are very helpful. I'm glad I put this post up, it will make the next drawing better. I'm going to keep trying on this till I get it right.



TerryCurley is offline  
post #8 of Old 05-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryCurley View Post
Hey Just, where you been? Welcome back.

Yeah I'm not happy at all with the side of the cabin. I need to work on it. I got a couple of links given to me of tutorials on 2 point perspective. I swear the picture was better last night. Gremlins came in and messed with it.
I have been on here. Not been drawing. I have my medication dosage raised past the maximum dosage. I am feeling the side effects. They are very debilitating. I had my consultation with the surgeon and am waiting for insurance approval. Hopefully I can draw again. I really messed up the one of my wife.

Once you get two point perspective, it comes easily. I can explain it in person, but with all the description being written I don't think that I would make myself clear.
just is offline  
post #9 of Old 05-07-2015, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TerryCurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by just View Post
I have been on here. Not been drawing. I have my medication dosage raised past the maximum dosage. I am feeling the side effects. They are very debilitating. I had my consultation with the surgeon and am waiting for insurance approval. Hopefully I can draw again. I really messed up the one of my wife.

Once you get two point perspective, it comes easily. I can explain it in person, but with all the description being written I don't think that I would make myself clear.
I'm going to work on the two point perspective.

I sure hope the operation goes well and it makes you better and able to draw again. Sending prayers.



just and Susan Mulno like this.
TerryCurley is offline  
post #10 of Old 05-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,021
Thank you Terry.
just is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Artist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










« Wire Frame | Leslie »
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome