Artist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some indication of a nose I think is needed, even if it is just a faint shadow. At the moment its noticeably missing something.
The light coming in from the right illuminating the character is very effective

·
Registered
Watercolor and colored pencil
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some indication of a nose I think is needed, even if it is just a faint shadow. At the moment its noticeably missing something.
The light coming in from the right illuminating the character is very effective
Thank you! I'll work on the nose then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think details will make it completely different. The shapes need lots of work. For example the trees and their branches look like cliffs and stones. They need to be more delicate. It seems you just focused on her face, and ignored other parts.

·
Registered
Watercolor and colored pencil
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think details will make it completely different. The shapes need lots of work. For example the trees and their branches look like cliffs and stones. They need to be more delicate. It seems you just focused on her face, and ignored other parts.
It's kind of the purpose, to bring attention to the character.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The light is still too much which ruins the composition. Her clothes is flat, and needs more wimples. In my opinion, it would be better if there was a kind of difference between dots on the skirt and flowers around the girl. I mean not just by colors, but forms and shapes.

It's kind of the purpose, to bring attention to the character.
I know you wanted to bring attention to the character, and you did it somehow, but still it needs refinements.It should be believable for the viewers. Proportions aren't correct, and blurring the space to bring attention to the character doesn't help I guess.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes the nose is spot on. and i like what you did with the leaves. The different colours add depth and even movement. Much better, I didnt even notice the leaves in the original even though they were there. They were just too flat and bland. Now I can see the effect the change has made maybe do something similar for the greenery on the ground

·
Registered
Abstract acrylic and oil painting
49 Posts
It is a beautiful painting and you have done a great job. It is so engaging and there is something about the eyes in particular that keeps pulling me in. The blurred background works really well highlighting the main character and the focal point. A great selection of subtle colours brings the overall composition to the feeling of gentle balance and harmony.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts