Artist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

I'm currently in the midst of a rather ambitious (and I'll admit slightly narcissistic seeming) art project, doing one self-portrait everyday for one year. I'm on day 204 and you can see what I've done so far here if you're interested.

I've recently started collecting portraits of me but done by other people. Anyone and everyone. So far I have got portraits from various sources including men on Tinder, mums on Mumsnet and random people drinking in bars! But I want more and that's where you guys come in!

You can see my collection so far here: The Not A Selfie Project

If you are willing I will be eternally grateful for any contributions I receive. Send a photo of your work to [email protected]

Thank you!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Might help if we had any idea what you actually look like, no?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, yes, you have a point. I apologise for the bad-ness of those pictures. I've added some higher resolution photos. Alternatively you can use any of the reference photos I've used for my 204 days of self-portraits here: selfieadaybyday.wordpress.com

Thank you again for even considering this!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here you go Lily. Make of them what you will. Just quick sketches, portraits aren't my strong point, so you can copy them from here: :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey, they're pretty good! Who says portraits aren't your strong point, you'd never know it by these sketches, that's for sure.
Kind of you Liz, but I tend to just draw paint what I think I see, which is rarely accurate, but I don't want to paint what a camera shows. Because of that I don't often get what people expect from portraits. I think Lily's idea of getting so many people's facets of how people see her is great. Hope she does well. :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! If the world was full of people like you then it would be extremely easy! I really appreciate any and all contributions though, not just from very talented artists like yourself. As you say, the interest for me is in seeing the contrast between what different people come up with. To me these portraits are not about the subject, they're about the artist. Thanks again, your help really means a lot and I'm very happy that you like the idea of my project.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.