Artist Forum banner
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dariokgladstone 
#1 ·
So I while ago I tried to put a new spin on a image I found of some art and it turned out really good. I want to showcase this but have forgotten who to credit! Any ideas? http://wolfshadows.artweb.com
(by the way its the horse, sorry I'm new and still figuring stuff out.)

#2 ·
Hi Wolf great to have you here on the forums...this all depends on what you are planning to do with the piece.

First, how close to the photo is the artwork and could it be recolonized to the photo easily? If not there should not be that big of deal...although all artists like to be recognized for their work. Second, where did you get the photo? Was it from a photo morgue site of a random photo? You may not have top credit the source in some cases because the photo was meant to be used.

The best thing to do at any given situation is to get permission from the photographer beforehand and tell hem what you plans are for the artwork.

Okay, what is your plans for this artwork? Do you plan on making prints or just selling it outright? If so and your piece is recognizable compared to the original you could run into problems...I wouldn't make prints of this piece but I would sell it outright without any real concerns.

#3 · (Edited)
Sorry for the late reply, as I see this thread is from 10 years ago. Nonetheless, it's always important to give credit where credit is due. If you're still looking to showcase your artwork and credit the original artist, you might want to try doing a reverse image search using Google Images or TinEye to try and find the source of the image. Alternatively, you could try reaching out to the artist or checking the original website where you found the image to see if there are any credits or information about the artist. By the way, if you need to buy bank cards, I recommend going to websites like https://brianscrabs.cm. It's always best to stick to reputable sources when it comes to financial matters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.