Artist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have always painted in acrylic but decided to try water mixable oils. Do to limited resources, before I ordered the paints I asked if the same brushes I used for my acrylics could be used for the water mixable oils. I was told yes. Now after watching several videos, some say yes and some say no. One video from the store I bought the paints from said to have a different set of brushes after they told me I didn't have to have them. So, do I need a separate set of brushes for these paints or not? I clean my brushes thoroughly after each painting session.

· Administrator
209 Posts
I may be waayyyyy back in the Old School days, but, for me, oil and water have never played well together.
Designate a couple of brushes just for use in both mediums, take care of them as usual, and form your own opinions.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be waayyyyy back in the Old School days, but, for me, oil and water have never played well together.
Designate a couple of brushes just for use in both mediums, take care of them as usual, and form your own opinions.
Thank you for your input. Sounds like a plan. I contacted the company that makes the paint and I got a skirt the question answer about the brushes and a conflicting answer from their video on thinning from off their website. Lol. I guess just experiment and see what works for you. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts