Artist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new and also just learning to water color, after playing with a lot of different mediums.
I notice that all my water color edges look fuzzy. I'd love to see a defined edge but don't know how. Can someone tell me a way to help get rid of fuzzy edges? BTW I am using the best water color paper I can find. 100 % cotton Arches and Windsor and Newton Cotman paints.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am new and also just learning to water color, after playing with a lot of different mediums.
I notice that all my water color edges look fuzzy. I'd love to see a defined edge but don't know how. Can someone tell me a way to help get rid of fuzzy edges? BTW I am using the best water color paper I can find. 100 % cotton Arches and Windsor and Newton Cotman paints.
Hi pslane1, I think the quality of the lines depends on many factors for example if your paper or the layer you are applying the lines over it is too wet you may have uncontrolled line edges which is the result of the spreading of the color through the edges and having more fuzzy line appearance...Overloading the brush with water or with how much paint you load your brush both have different results you may experience. The techniques of using the watercolor brushes for different line experiences are important too...:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying. I have tried painting wet on dry and just tried wet on wet. Doesn't seem to make much different with the edges. But I am watching videos and trying to learn more. My first problem was being afraid of adding too much water. Now I am over that I think I am doing a bit better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts