Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I got a better idea (comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm making my own canvas, but I ordered a dust sheet instead of an actual canvas cloth to make the canvas.

The dust sheet is a Woven cotton twill dust sheet by Silverline 868803. I'm thinking of priming it to experiment with the rough weaving texture to achieve my intentions with this paintings.

Any experts or veterans who have used dustsheets or any other kinds of dustsheets to use as a canvas, please let me know asap!

Thank you!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm making my own canvas, but I ordered a dust sheet instead of an actual canvas cloth to make the canvas.

The dust sheet is a Woven cotton twill dust sheet by Silverline 868803. I'm thinking of priming it to experiment with the rough weaving texture to achieve my intentions with this paintings.

Any experts or veterans who have used dustsheets or any other kinds of dustsheets to use as a canvas, please let me know asap!

Thank you!
Prime the sheet well. Use it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this but abandoned the painting after a number of days, the coarse weave couldn’t be filled with gesso and I couldn’t get a decent finish on water flowing under a bridge, it was very matt with no reflectance at all.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did this but abandoned the painting after a number of days, the coarse weave couldn’t be filled with gesso and I couldn’t get a decent finish on water flowing under a bridge, it was very matt with no reflectance at all.
Would you care to discuss this further?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have got a roll of duck from Spotlight, one of Australia’s haberdasheries, and will be using this instead in a month or two. I abandoned the drop canvas attempt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts