Artist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving for Texas february first and staying two months.
My fiance has to go for work, so I'm coming with and we're probably going to get married down there.

Any suggestions on galleries I should visit while there? I probably won't be there long enough to get a gallerie showing, but I would like to meet new people and network.

I've never been to Texas and would like to know more about the local art scene before I go.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What area in Texas will you be headed? Texas is a big state so if we can narrow it down some we can have a jump off point to find you some galleries! You know..I live in NM and in an insanely SMALL town that nobody would even think would have a booming art community yet it does! We have a local group and a fabulous art gallery with unbelievable art work in it. No matter what town you go to you might want to try some of those small local galleries. While not exactly well known artists they are still fun to go to! I often wonder when I go to our gallery if I am not looking at one of the next great southwestern artists...the work is so good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bay shore. I'll be there two months but I might go to some other places.
What's the best way to get involved in the art community there?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've lived in Texas more than any other state, but not in the part you are in. My artistic bent is decidedly western, and I would reccomend Whistlepic and the other galleries in Fredericksburg. (A bit NW of San Antonio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts