Artist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so a while ago I said I'd post this... These are just some pitures I've been commissioned to do for a lady who found me through various connections (ahahahaha MAKE FRIENDS, IT WORKS TRUST ME O.O )
Basically her original request was for her son as a super hero (so she could hang the pictures in his room.) I asked what kind of heros he likes, She gave me some examples. Batman, Spiderman, The Hulk and Wolverine. So... I got to work making a Batman and Robin piece. But in curiosity, i started doing a couple of the others too.
And now she wants all three with a fourth of her nephew as the Flash.
Its going to be a loooonggg project, but well worth it! Heres my concept art! :D
Please excuse the... execution. XD They are works in progress and will change.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
How cool that is.

I agree having friends is a good thing. Friends and friends of friends and online FB friends have been to date all my sales (and they are meager). The first time I sell to a complete stranger I'm going to do a happy dance. I'm definitely not in it for the money. There is no way I could break even on my paintings, but I so do love the idea of someone liking my work well enough to want to buy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@TerryCurley It'll happen! haha I never thought it would happen to me though... I usually just sold to people I knew, but I never got a real commission out of it. But this one came through from a guy I met at a new years convention - Told me he owned a 3D printer and was looking for an artist to make designs for him. It wasnt till later this year he realised the designs I was making were too detailed and he couldnt use them till he upgraded the printer, but he had a customer he was talking to about artwork and somehow he mixed my artwork into the conversation hahaha I guess i got lucky

·
Registered
274 Posts
There's quite a diversified market in such. Quite a few people hire painters to design murals for kids' rooms & such. Even Man Caves. One of my FB friends is considered one of "the" comic based artists & he travels all over..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts