Artist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One way I've made a bit of income on the side is running drawing art classes for adults. It's in the evenings using a class at a local high school that rents out classrooms in the evenings for outside tutors. I'm looking to run them on my own premises, but I don't nearly have enough cash to purchase multiple easels. One idea I've had is that I would purchase some very thin plywood and chop it up to be able to fit at least A3 size paper. The issue then becomes.. how do the students prop it up as drawing with it laid flat it absolutely the worst because of the negative impact it has on trying to maintain proportions. One possible solution was to create mini-easels. I purchase x2 plywood boards for each student, use a hinge to attach them on the one side and string at the bottom to allow the student to stretch it open without fear of collapsing. This seems to be the most affordable option for me right now. What do you all think? Has anyone tried anything similar?

EDIT: Thinking about it, another issue that's going to end up coming up would be the lack of weight, leading to these make-shift easels most likely shifting when then student presses hard against their paper. Perhaps weights super-glued at the bottom of each of the two boards making up the easel?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts