Artist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Threw this sketch down today on my lunch break with a 2B, took about 30-45 mins. Liked how cross hatching looked with it. Would love some feedback!
Working on human and figural studies so got a brand new sketchbook just for that.
I'm more of a painter, but am trying to get a handle on the basics and the basic of human anatomy and shading / tones.

Attachments

· Banned
1,024 Posts
You haven't captured natural movement. The toes, ankle and heals aren't anatomically correct. The shading is half hazard and adds to the over all unrealistic appearence.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You haven't captured natural movement. The toes, ankle and heals aren't anatomically correct. The shading is half hazard and adds to the over all unrealistic appearence.
Took your advice and this time studied pictures of feet in movement to work up this quick sketch with a 4b. Thanks for the critique! Better to study people than just draw from memory or pictures and paintings.

Attachments

Reactions: ARTadmin

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
feet and ankles are tough. did you use reference? always use reference ( and ) or study where bones are , where muscles are and construct it.

Here's the reference I used:
The darker shading is meant to be a bit more like her dirty feet, as pictured. I do find in my sketching I personally tend to shade quite a bit, and darkly, though.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.