Artist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my name is Viktor Stark. I am half Russian and half German. And I would like to introduce myself to you all.

I have been drawing (mainly pencil or charcoal) since about 9th grade I am now 25. I'm bipolar and think of it as a gift since its the only way I am able to make art.

The thing is I have a bit of a problem and I was wondering if anyone else has this. I have a hereditary disorder aside from the bipolar and that is that I profusely shake when handling small objects. This is of course a problem when working with pencils.

The only thing that calms my nerves are benzodiazapines mainly Klonopin. Its the only thing that allows me to draw.

Is there anyone else who has this shaking disorder? and how do you deal with it without taking medication. Meditation and trying to calm down does nothing. :confused:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your disorder. I have Parkinson's and must take medication just to function. I shake so much that I can't pick up a pencil. This is making for some interesting changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts