Artist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wow, this is neat! I've never heard of this technique before. Can you explain it a little?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pointillism is basically a picture comprised of nothing but dots. The whole picture is comprised of dots of different sizes. The effect can be amazing in some instances.

Here are a couple of close-ups and a whole picture shot of one I was working on (in the next post). I made the mistake of leaving it on my desk and my children decided to "help!" lol My fault for that one. :)

I am debating on what my next piece should be. If I should stick with the horses or go with something else.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wow, that is amazing! Placing all those dots must be really time consuming!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did a drawing like that once and probably will never do one again. I don't have the patience for pointillisom. Kudos to you for keeping at it and producing amazing work at the same time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pointillism is basically a picture comprised of nothing but dots. The whole picture is comprised of dots of different sizes. The effect can be amazing in some instances.

Here are a couple of close-ups and a whole picture shot of one I was working on (in the next post). I made the mistake of leaving it on my desk and my children decided to "help!" lol My fault for that one. :)

I am debating on what my next piece should be. If I should stick with the horses or go with something else.

Amazing!
Kudos to your kids (haha) there is nothing quite like helping mom :}!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry I couldn't help myself, but I really do like your work, unfortunately for me I do not have the patience for that kind of work, I just glad someone does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
IMPRESSIVE! Oh my gosh, I remember studying this technique in 5th grade art class. I was too impatient for it then, and not a darn thing has changed! LOL I have a friend who has done several pieces with pointillism and I don't know how he manages to stay sane. The art itself is beautiful, but the tedious work is SO not for me!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Amazing!!! Wow!!!!

I contratulate to you for the determination and persistance. I don't know if I could apply as much time to one piece. I would work on it for a while, put it away, then pull it out again.

You are very talented. Thanks for sharing this great piece.

Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dad is a huge horse racing 'handicapper' as they call it (horse racing gambler). He would love this! This must have taken an incredible amount of time for both of those works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the pointillism style and think you've done a great job. I'm also one that doesn't have the patience for that meticulous type of work but I appreciate those who do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts