Artist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've always loved beer can art, so one day I decided I would try to make one. I decided to make an Archangel, well simply b/c they're bad-ass.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm not familiar with beer can art (though I do know how to empty them :)). That is really neat. So you cut shapes out of the cans and lace them together? How are the pieces of the body attached to each other?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not familiar with beer can art (though I do know how to empty them :)). That is really neat. So you cut shapes out of the cans and lace them together? How are the pieces of the body attached to each other?
The body is literally one single cut out that I bent into the shape you see...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Oooooohhh...now I'm even more impressed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
As much as I like R2D2, this is easily the most creative, beautiful thing I've seen done with a can. Nice work, ArmyGeo!

How long did it take and how many times did you cut yourself in the process? You were able to make it from a single can?

ArmyGeo said:
Pepsi cans, the medium of a New Generation
Haha, nice!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As much as I like R2D2, this is easily the most creative, beautiful thing I've seen done with a can. Nice work, ArmyGeo!

How long did it take and how many times did you cut yourself in the process? You were able to make it from a single can?

Haha, nice!
It took about 6 hours, and I didn't cut myself once. The trick is cutting the top and bottom off, then making a single cut from top to bottom on the side of the can. At this point, you flatten out the cut can, then you take wide masking tape and cover the surface and sides. This is where the stenciling begins of the individual pieces. From there you pierce the holes for the wings and use wire to put them together... It took 2 cans

1 - 12 of 12 Posts