Artist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
180 Posts
welcome to the forum, Marco.
I'm just curious about your past nautical adventures. Have you had a houseboat before or spent a lot of time on one ?
I am a boating enthusiast. So I'm trying to envision what you are wanting.
When you say "Northern" does that mean that the boat will "always" be tied up in the same spot for ever ?
Can you share some links to the "random two-story houseboats" that you are interested in ?

·
Administrator
180 Posts
That's very impressive - are you wanting to refurbish an existing boat or build a new one from scratch?
Take into consideration this is a very slow moving "art" forum. When it comes to your boat, you need to seek out a forum dedicated to houseboats. Our boats here in Florida (USA) are very different than yours and I like yours MUCH better !! Good luck in your projects.

·
Administrator
180 Posts
In your design, you can consider how much natural light you want in your studio and make that your priority. Then, design the boat walls with that in mind and see how it comes out. (or if it is even feasible).
For myself, I would have to be actually on one of your boats in person to determine how much window would suit my needs.(Plus - I am claustophobic on boats - I need to be able to look out a window and either see the dock or the water - not open sky). My suggestions would be to visit some of your boats and take notes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts