Artist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't even know where I was going with this one. My friend needed some ice-themed header for a blog, and she asked me :3 But I need some opinions on how does this look in the eyes of you. So, following a very important and inspirational clue (thanks btw.) I want to tag it as work in progress.
Thanks for sharing your opinion :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I like the color variations giving the impression of great depth. It does give the impression of ice crystals. I personally would like it better if it was more distinct like smaller pixels but if it were a kind of blurred effect that you want then what you have works fine.

I don't do digital graphics so keep that in mind before taking any advice from me. My thing is oil paint going for a realistic look pretty much.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Holy Moly This is nice. Freaked my eyes out for a second. This is a very nice illustration for a header. One question though since it's a header, is there going to be type laid across it? If so the only thing that would worry me is that with all the 90 degree angles and light to dark contrasts I would test it out on how it will look with the wording added. You wouldn't want the illustration to overpower the message being sent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy Moly This is nice. Freaked my eyes out for a second. This is a very nice illustration for a header. One question though since it's a header, is there going to be type laid across it? If so the only thing that would worry me is that with all the 90 degree angles and light to dark contrasts I would test it out on how it will look with the wording added. You wouldn't want the illustration to overpower the message being sent.
Thanks for the feedback! I tested it out with a white font and black lining, then black font with white lining, the first option was better. I sent it to my friend, she liked it, but then said that she won't be making that blog :( So my work went for nothing, though I'm glad you like it :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wow, it's so... Flashy >.<
It let you travel along the pic, the shadows, I loved the pixel idea... probably my next desktop image xD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.