Artist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm teaching myself the technical sides of html, css and javascript, and am already not half-bad at coding simple webpages from scratch using only a text editor rather than a graphical design tool. I also have some verbal creativity, so my own websites will be devoted mostly to words. My big problem is that I have nearly zero visual creativity and aptitude, so my palette choices and layout tend to be terrible.

Right now I'm working on a web design solution where every webpage consists entirely of buttons that dynamically resize according to the dimensions and resolution of the user's display, making the page fit every display from a 50" monitor to a tiny smartphone screen. Some buttons will be pure text while others will contain images, but every button will be a link to another internal page, enabling me to present content in bite-sized pieces in a way analogous to the layout of the Windows 8 desktop but not exactly the same.

My most basic draft idea is at www.eyetee.org/home2.html. As you can see, the visuals suck donkey knob. Does anyone want to assist me with the visual creativity side of things, because, in purely technical web design terms, I very much like my idea.

(The live home page at eyetee.org/home.html, which is also kinda buttlike visually, has more background if you're interested.)

Miki

1 - 1 of 1 Posts