Artist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Super nice! I don't do any digital work - I like the feel of my pencil in hand but I admire those, like you, who have such a mastery of it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really, really need to invest in a tablet. lol Would it surprise you to know that the picture above has only been done on my laptop with the little touch pad thingy? Interesting to say the least. I do have to say the undo option is wonderful compared to my pens or pencils! :eek: I need to get going on another pointillism... *sigh* after this one is done. I am determined not to have 9 gazillion projects half finished all the time.

ETA - Gah loosing my brain. I meant to thank you for your comments chanda! I really appreciate getting opinions (both good and bad) on all my works. :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
That's amazing. So when you are done with these - do you print them out and frame them? It is obvious a lot of work goes into it!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
LOL and I just had to add - you said the evil "pointillism" word. I have done a few of those. I have NO patience for it and I certainly admire you for having it! I saw your horse - it's lovely! Pointillism and me are not friends. I think it's beautiful though, particularly because I know how time consuming and tedious it is.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm glad you found your way back, TLA! It's really grown here, eh? :)This is a great piece! I've always wondered how the "layering" was achieved with digital art. Thank you for posting!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I can take screen shots of my different layers if you want to see them. I think I have a few on this one. Mane/tail are one. Horse is another (with one over the top sometimes to try out different things, which is later merged with the horse or deleted), and a couple of different color "backgrounds" that help highlight different things in the picture.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.