Artist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My name is Pat and I have been doing watercolors for about a year I am taking a course at a local community college. Here are some of my paintings any c and c is welcome.

Attachments

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome! T

I look forward to seeing even more of your work! Maybe getting a tip or two from you so I won't be so nervous to pick up that brush. :)
Thank you, don't afraid to pick up the brush,it's just paper and paint the worse you can do is throw it in the trash. It took me 2 terms to not try to paint like it was acrylics I am learning how to let it flow

· Registered
16 Posts
Thank you, don't afraid to pick up the brush,it's just paper and paint the worse you can do is throw it in the trash. It took me 2 terms to not try to paint like it was acrylics I am learning how to let it flow
Excellent work. I'm also new and have taken two semesters of classes.

I'm so relieved to hear you say you found it difficult not to use watercolors like acrylics. That's usually where I end up. The painting is good, but so deep, saturated, and heavy. I love that you learned to lighten up. That is SO hard for me.

I scrub and repaint and by the time I'm finished the piece is so overworked I want to cry. I think I've done five or six paintings that won't go in the trash.

Just seeing your work is encouraging. Thanks for posting it.

*meesh*

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent work. I'm also new and have taken two semesters of classes.

I'm so relieved to hear you say you found it difficult not to use watercolors like acrylics. That's usually where I end up. The painting is good, but so deep, saturated, and heavy. I love that you learned to lighten up. That is SO hard for me.

I scrub and repaint and by the time I'm finished the piece is so overworked I want to cry. I think I've done five or six paintings that won't go in the trash.

Just seeing your work is encouraging. Thanks for posting it.

*meesh*

Sorry I didn't get back sooner I reformatted my HD and forgot my password. My instructor says to "wash first and dress later" meaning work from light to dark start with what you want white and protect it white is the paper not paint It took me some practice to do this but it works.

· Registered
67 Posts
I'm not a fan of a lot of the watercolor paintings posted here, but I like yours. I'm a fan of lighthouses and have painted a couple of them so far. I like yours. I also like that one with the waterfall. Water can be tricky and you've captured it well.

I'm curious about what colors you tend to use in your paintings.

· Registered
670 Posts
I'm not a fan of a lot of the watercolor paintings posted here, but I like yours. I'm a fan of lighthouses and have painted a couple of them so far. I like yours. I also like that one with the waterfall. Water can be tricky and you've captured it well.

I not a fan of a lot of what people are claiming as art here.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thank you, I use Cotmann watercolors and just mix what ever looks right for the subject also all these paintings are based on photographs I took.
I like to combine both hobbies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.