Artist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
Just wanted to intro my self. I am a big fan of John Paul Morgan (1934-2020) lithography. John was a pioneer in the use of serigraph and lithography. I'm fortunate to own two pieces of his amazing work. I've found that there is very little info on him on the Internet and I have been putting together a website called John Paul Morgan Artwork to catalog his work. I'm interested in purchasing any works by John also.
Thanks
Rectangle Wood Painting Art Font

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've contacted John's daughters and I have been working with them on updating the website. I had to change the URL because Wix abbreviated the name to something unusable which caused the URL address to be not intuitive. It is quite exciting because his daughter's have hundreds of his works available through the Reliance Press email. Also I've been contacted by various of his art followers. John was quite skilled in many styles such as this print called White Birds:
Picture frame Textile Art Painting Wood

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As John got older, his eyesight became worse and he found that he couldn't do the intricate details of lithography anymore and he moved on to collages, etchings, oil paintings, water colors and many other styles. I think that some of his best work was in the last years of his life.
Rectangle Plant Wood Natural landscape Eyelash

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Just wanted to intro my self. I am a big fan of John Paul Morgan (1934-2020) lithography. John was a pioneer in the use of serigraph and lithography. I'm fortunate to own two pieces of his amazing work. I've found that there is very little info on him on the Internet and I have been putting together a website called John Paul Morgan Artwork to catalog his work. I'm interested in purchasing any works by John also.
Thanks View attachment 69029

· Registered
2 Posts
Rectangle Font Art Wood Glass
Hello. I’m new here. My name is Alina. Just wanted to mention that I have found a signed drawing print of John Paul Morgan at a thrift store today. It’s a wonderful piece that I’m yet to see anywhere online. Called “Little Owls on a Limb. It’s easily my new favorite art piece. I will post a photo after cleaning up the glass and frame.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 69800 Hello. I’m new here. My name is Alina. Just wanted to mention that I have found a signed drawing print of John Paul Morgan at a thrift store today. It’s a wonderful piece that I’m yet to see anywhere online. Called “Little Owls on a Limb. It’s easily my new favorite art piece. I will post a photo after cleaning up the glass and frame.
That is nice piece. Is it okay if I add the image to the John Paul Morgan Artwork website. I've been working with John's daughters on documenting his work.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
This print is number 3 (III) of a series. I'm looking for more info on this series.

· Registered
Digital art, editing, the likes
59 Posts
Over at John Paul Morgan Artworks, we've added many more pieces of artwork to the website. And the best news is we've started identifying which pieces are available for purchase! I will be updating the site all week. We also have an active SubReddit called John Paul Morgan Art
funky, good to you on your way on documenting artworks of a talented yet obscure artist

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a sealed copy of Under the Iris that has not been trimmed as your one on the website has been. It is the original 7" x 25" and has JPM's eclectic COA on the back. Any interest in it? I will list it on ebay so you can see the pictures of it. I can't seem to put any pictures in this posting.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Hi Eugene I have one of John Paul Artwork it’s in excellent shape with certificate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts