Artist Forum banner

Matthew Palmer Tree & Texture Brushs

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  noah 
#1 ·
I was trying to order some Matthew Palmer Tree & Texture Brush - Small and went to the web site. By the time I got thru with the brush cost, the VAT, the shipping and joining his website I was going to spend 4* what the brushes cost.
I am just starting out with water color - is there a more reasonable brand and type to produce the same results?
Thanks.

#5 · (Edited)
... - is there a more reasonable brand and type to produce the same results?
Thanks.
Have you tried Princeton Brush Company? Excellent quality brushes for all media at reasonable prices and available from most art suppliers. Often available on Amazon at the lowest price.

I am not an affiliate of PBC and do not receive compensation for the many links to their site that I share here. I just happen to really like their brushes.

My go-to watercolor dabbing brush of any size or shape are inexpensive craft brushes often sold for working in acrylic paint. I buy the ones with short stiff bristles sometimes called scruffy brushes. Plaid and FolkArt come to mind as brands, but an artist can make their own by shortening the bristles on just about any stiff-bristled brush.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.