Artist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me indulge you guys on a story. So today in art, My teacher decided its time to move on to abstractions. And with it, she wanted to get rid of some old or abandoned used canvases that were just taking up too much space, so that we could paint over them. Within them was this. I thought it looked so cool, way too cool to just throw out or paint over, so I took it home (with permission) with the intent to finish it instead. I don't know the original owner of this painting, I might never know them. They're probably a senior or maybe past that already, in college or already working. Regardless, It's mine now, and I want to do it justice, so before I start anything, I want to ask you guys what to do with it. It's very obviously a pretty painting and I'm not the most experienced with a paintbrush so maybe someone that is can point me in a good direction, or even if you don't, just provide some insight as to what I could do with the background or sumn else as well.
Here is the painting
Jaw Gesture Grey Art Wood

· Registered
Digital art, editing, the likes
59 Posts
I'm no professional, and the painting I have done isn't to this degree of quality, but I would like to ask first this; Would you like to go about it in an abstract reenvisioning, or just simply complete it as it is? But beyond what you choose, since it is of your possession, and you wish to finish it in any way, I'd say you should possibly just do what comes to mind and enjoy the art-making process, possibly bring expression into it, bring an idea that you normally wouldn't think of. It doesn't even have to be complex, I mean, you could give it the silliest eyes imaginable, and it would still be just. Art is subjective, as is beauty, or even our perception.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm no professional, and the painting I have done isn't to this degree of quality, but…
Well, thank you for your words and yes, I do plan to continue it as it is. I definitely don’t want to stylize it too much as I love how it looks already, and I want to give off a sense of realism with it. You said this too but I also don’t want to have too much fun lol. Im glad you said this though, thank you again and I’ll try to keep your thoughts in mind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts