Artist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm so impressed with your work, George. Do you use a specific method in applying the pencil? Such as...tiny vertical lines, little circles, etc? I guess I'm specifically asking about the skin tone. You're able to blend it so flawlessly!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I was just going over that last night in my thoughts and how I am going to explain it in the lessons. In the beginning of the piece and pretty much through the entire process I start filling up the tooth of the support in order for the burnishing to start to take effect and I work in longer strokes. I work extremely fast laying down the color more than one would expect you would do for color pencil. What I am doing in the beginning of the piece if laying down the undertone and building up the layers in order to start sculpting the colors together. I will have a video of this as soon as the Christmas blitz is over...I think you will like how I go about the piece in a way that is almost reckless in the beginnings of the piece.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I will have a video of this as soon as the Christmas blitz is over...I think you will like how I go about the piece in a way that is almost reckless in the beginnings of the piece.
I am looking forward to that! It's hard for me to wrap my head around the process so a video is just what I need. Can't wait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts