Artist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend is an aspiring artist. She mostly just draws with pens and pencils but does sculpture too and I reckon her stuff is good
http://cybernos-ac.co.uk/art.html
but don't know how to get people to see it.

She doesn't know I'm asking so any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated

If it's hard to get peer recognition, then can anyone suggest what to do to encourage recognition? Do you do huge drawings? Drawings of something local? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I looked at her work. She is a great artist, innovative and versitile! I got into two galleries by taking some work and showing around to gallery owners. A neighbor of mine is going to be the featured artist in a gallery opening by emailing pics of her work to galleries. High profile galleries deal in known artists, but the vast majority will show a good new one. A new artist has to get out there and be a salesman.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
To top it off..I also see her work translating really well into illustration work for books. Not at all sure how she would go about doing that but the first thing I thought when I saw it was illustrations. She has loads and loads of talent.

Going around to galleries is also an excellent way of marketing and selling her work. Also maybe creating a web-site (which is what I hope to do eventually) would be another great avenue. She could also create some business cards and leave them at local business who will allow her to do so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
wow her work is fantastic, i wish her all the luck in the world, i also agree with chanda95 regarding illustration, her work is fantastic and a website would be a good start, you can get free websites and although they don't have great domain names they are a great way to get a range of people looking at her art try http://www.webs.com/ this could be a great way to showcase her work enabling galleries to see her work on line (cuts down the size of attachment on an e-mail, always better to talk to them first before sending an e-mail)

Hope this helps - Jo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts