Artist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I work exclusively in Victorian and Art Deco styles (architectural sculpture)

I think I need to find a new art "home" and found this forum...
I've been a moderator at artspan since 2006 but it has been fading away and it seems all of the moderators except myself even log in any more, and they have apparently all gone to a facebook group instead.

Now I find thousands of robo-spams by hundreds of accts and with no help at all on the backend to stop it, it's a losing battle and the forum is now useless.
So unless something changes there I will probably hang up my hat there and migrate to this forum, and see how it goes.

Randall

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Randall! Wondered what happened to you. Yes AS died a while ago. I followed you there, way back when. They wouldn't do anything about the spam and I just got tired. I see no one has welcomed you here. Is this the place for us? Scout

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Randall! Wondered what happened to you. Yes AS died a while ago. I followed you there, way back when. They wouldn't do anything about the spam and I just got tired. I see no one has welcomed you here. Is this the place for us? Scout
Hi Scout, AS finally cleaned things up after I was in contact with Eric and made suggestions, they changed the software.
It was spam hell and the mystery is why they kept registrations open when clearly HUNDREDS of new registrants a day with the most off the wall names that were obvious spammers all joined the same week.

I came here but this place is as dead as a doornail, WEEKS go by here too and nothing gets posted in the sculpture folder, so I went back to sculpture.net and pretty much left this forum, as you can see I came in January and it's now April and in fact your post above is the very first one I've gotten a notice about via email, so this one doesn't look viable either.

I'm still moderating AS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I go to the sculpture forum some. I joined a forum called Painting Friends. It's mostly older ladies and mostly Watercolors. I have opened a tile and sculpture thread there but no one is into it.

I am painting on and firing tiles for back splashes. I need an income. Go to my site and look at them. Tell me what you think.

Let me know if you find a good home. I need stimulation! Scout

·
Registered
469 Posts
hi guys- yeah it does seem slow around here lately. I'm tryin to post the stuff that Im doing- Michael is posting his work, not sure where everyone else is lately? donny chanda pmi? springtime - hopefully theyre out selling.

Sorry I hadnt said hello prior- I need to look at the new post thread once in awhile...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts