Artist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Nice to meet y'all. My name is Garrett.

I'm 17 years old and live in Southeastern VA. My username says it all in terms of the kind of person I am. I'm deeply entrenched in Hippie culture, both modern hippie culture and the old school hippies and love it all! The clothes, the music, the busses, the festivals, the cause...its all amazing! Haha. I am an artist (of course if I wasn't then I wouldn't be here). I am very experienced in drawing and also I am into acryllic painting, chinese/japanese brush painting, photography, web design, singing, Shakespearean Theatre, and Renaissance and Colonial reenactment.
In terms of my views and what not, I am a strong proponent of youth activism, LGBT rights, recycling, peace, green energy, hemp farming, the legalization of marijuana, and sustainable development. Yes, I lean towards the left but identify as an independent. I am what I've dubbed a transcendental romantic, meaning I personally do not classify myself under the traditional sexuality labels. I "transcend" all accepted labels and classifications because I feel what does that matter? I fall in love with whomever I fall in love with. I like most music, but rap just isn't my cup of tea...I ADORE classic rock from the 60's through the 80's and I adore modern hippie/acoustic/folk/indie/blues/psychedelic music. :)

So yeah, I rambled...but I think that sums me up. If you have any questions or want to know anything else, just message me. :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Welcome! I had a chance to look at your photographs. Beautiful work. Do you have some of your drawings you would like to share? This is a pretty eclectic group from all walks of life and we all have different yet equally amazing styles.... I am known for misspelling everything...I am generally on my cell phone when I type replies and am notorious for screwing things up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I do. I will be posting them shortly and I have a good chunk of photographs I still have to post. I'm glad you like them. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And here I thought the last hippie was Secretary of State. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks! And no, there are hundreds of thousands of new generation hippies. We're all just spread out all over the globe. If you go to a music festival like Bonnaroo or GLastonbury, you'd see TONS of us. lol. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.