Artist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum but wonder if anyone has a fix for my problem. I work in watercolor and left Schmincke masking fluid on for far too long and now cannot remove without lifting the paper with it. The website for the company is in German :(. Does anyone have a solution? I tried using brush cleaner, alcohol and turpenoid as solvents with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!
Celeste

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but

Thanks Chandra, that's what I was using but this mask was suppose to come off within 2 days (didn't read that until today) and it has been on a number of weeks so it is STUCK!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Two weeks is a really long time. I honestly don't know if there is a method you can use that won't totally screw your paper up. That was my best shot.:( hope you can get something figured out!

And welcome to the group!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I just read that going beyond two weeks pretty much means a do-over on the painting....ack! Thats frustrating! Apparently a lot of people have done the same thing not realizing the difficulties associated with its removal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.