Artist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I honestly had a vision to do a nice landscape painting of the Rocky Mountains in Canada, and I seemed to have completely messed up. I have attached a picture of my oil painting, I am completely new to this but love to paint. At this point, I don't have a vision anymore, but would love to get any help or advice on how I can make it look presentable. It honestly looked better before. Also, sorry the canvas is inside, thats why the paint is on the borders, I promise I am not this messy. I would like to keep the mountains and the yellow larches, but have no idea what to do with the random green trees. Anyway, please help, thank you.
Art paint Rectangle Paint Leaf Wood

· Registered
118 Posts
Its a nice effort. Why is the painting done on the back instead of the front?
Some improvements I can suggest. If you want your water to look more life like make sure you add reflections of the surroundings. In your case the trees in the middle and possibly the tops of the mountains. It also looks like you painted the background around some of the trees. Better to paint the trees on top of the background, either wait until its dry or use wet on wet method i.e. paint thin onto thick
This will allow you to make the edges of the trees less sharp to simulate leaves better.
Make the colours in the back ground less intense to add distance and depth.
The brush strokes in the sky are visible and follow the mountains. Do them horizontal with thinner paint so they dont show, same with the water.
Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts