Artist Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I’m an artist based in New Orleans, la! I’m new to this & I was looking for fellow artists to talk with. I sell my artwork & do commissions as well. Last year, someone reached out to me to be an artist in their clothing line that they were starting. I told them I wouldn’t be able to do that, because I don’t create art for others to put on clothes & essentially call it theirs & make money off of me. Well the guy finally understood where I was coming from & stopped asking. Fast forward to last month, he asked me to create a commission piece for him, told me exactly what he wanted. I agreed, he told me it was his personal piece. So I agreed. Reached out to him, & told him it was finished. (Since he did tell me what to create I asked him if he would be ok with me selling it in my next show) he said no. & said it was because he was planning on putting it on clothes & selling it! He lied to me, just to get what he wanted. Luckily, I didn’t send him the image yet. I was so angry, I blew up! Now he’s trying to convince me to allow him to use the image & he won’t ask for anything anymore. I’ve been looking into image licensing agreements, but at this point, I don’t trust this guy. I’m confused because he did tell me what to create but it’s still my hard work! At this point I’m not even sure if he’ll abide by the contract, if I create one! Some advice would be great! Anyone wanna give me any insight on maybe a similar experience they’ve shared ??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts