Artist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm DeathandGrim and aspiring to be the best artist possible

...not going so hot

I have pretty much next to zero training in drawing so I've been teaching myself all my life. I wish I did it in school but I chose to play saxophone in the school band and couldn't make room. So unfortunately it was one of those passions you kind of let slink over to the corner and die.

But recently I've revitalized myself in becoming the best at the many multiple art forms I participate in and realize that I am in dire need of help if I'm even gonna come close to competing with the things I've seen.

While I've come a long way from this (many years ago [middle school])

To doing more of this (A month ago)

I never feel like I'm as good as everyone else. Which is why I'm here to hopefully help me along in progressing as an artist

A Quick rundown of me personally
Likes: Art of all forms, Designing video games, basketball, women, Justice League Series, Comics of all kinds, Jack Kirby, Matt & Kim, Every other music that isn't dubstep, Deadpool, Vidjo Games (fighting games specifically [PSN: cptnemo31 {Captain Nemo not captain emo}]), League of Legends

Dislikes: False Compliments, Dubstep, Southern Hip Hop that slanders the art form, modern sitcoms, Tyler Perry

So Anyway that's me in a nutshell, Hello

·
Registered
71 Posts
The best artist possible is all up to you, it's not necessarily the opinions of others. I just want to share with you, that I wanted to take photography in high school but I was not able to, you had to have your own camera and I was not able to afford it, nor my parents. It was over 20 years after graduating that I bought my first SLR and began learning true photography, not just taking pictures. I guess what I am saying, is that high school is no indicator of what you make of your life. Often it's just a dim haze of the past. Now is reality, and now is what you make of it. And the future, well who knows!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now here I am 7 months later!
Might as well re-introduce myself considering I rudely made one post and vanished.
Hello again guys! My name is Grim, and I am currently hard at work to become the best artist possible! Back when I originally made this profile I was riddled with self doubt and introversion. Well a lot has changed since then so here's an update.

I now focus on writing a weekly blog series that I hope one day my art will be good enough to portray (here's to hope and publishing!)

I'm getting ready to go back into college for Web development (big money in that I hear) and am much more emotionally stable! With my emotional stability I learned that EVERYONE CAN DO EVERYTHING. Some are born to, others like myself are born with a blade we must sharpen ourselves. So I've gone from go-later to go-getter.

Here's some more juxtaposing art to show my progress. I've come a long way in my opinion.

from 7 months ago when I joined

to yesterday

I've still got a ways to go and still have a lot to learn but lets do it right this time shall we?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Welcome back! I am glad to see you back and with what appears to be a lot more self confidence. I think we all question our abilities at one point or another. I know I have - but I continued to draw because it was therapeutic for me and as time has progressed I have improved and I hope will continue to improve.

I see more fluidity in your work than the last time you posted. Very nice. I would like to see you work on your shading a bit to bring a bit more dimension to your pieces but yes..I see improvement and I look forward to see your skills blossom even more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts