Artist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been too busy with my Senior year to post very often, but I've still been lurking, and I've still been doing my notorious odd-jobs when I get a chance. My latest: detailed scenes of hunting game on the blades of 30-inch hand saws for $50 each. They are difficult to photograph, but they're neat so I thought I'd share. Because I never get paid to do anything normal! :p

I've got four to do; I've finished two, have one in progress, and have to start the fourth.

Deer (January)

Bear (June)

Turkeys (in progress - hopefully done tonight!)

They are real hand saws. I've seen similar ones (not painted, of course) at flea markets.

I'll upload close-ups of the bear and deer saws during my next break, inna few hours.

Your daily dose of weird,
Steph.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so I'm about 2/3 of the way done with the turkeys. May or may not be done before I have to "wake up" for school. Kinda need to have it done so I can get that $50... if this apocalypse thing doesn't pan out, I have to do last minute Christmas shopping!

1. Deer Saw

This one took about 2 1/2 weeks, because, frankly, I had no clue what I was doing. It really didn't photograph well, but here goes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finished the turkey saw in the afternoon - better pics to come later.

Thanks! I've considered buying some hand saws from a flea market to do a few independent paintings, and then sell them for that much. I can't complain so much about the low pay because the man who commissioned this set has been super patient with me.

They're wonderful colored pencils - I think my uncle used them for illustration before he gave them to me. They may be older than I am, but still great.

I totally agree, pencils. I love painting them, but it upsets me that they are so difficult to record. I can't even get it to panorama right because of the way the blade narrows.

I'd never seen a painted hand saw before I was asked to do one. I don't live in a rural enough area. I've seen beautiful ones online, though. It's a great change of pace after working exclusively on rectangular canvases. I'd recommend it to anyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.