Artist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Shane - but my friends call me Hickory. I found this forum through a horse forum I belong to and thought it would be just the place to get some feedback and advice on my artwork.

I've been drawing since I was very small, but only got serious about it in the last couple of years (I'm almost 45 now). I concentrate on graphite, but have dabbled in charcoal and acrylic painting. Most of my work up until the last year or so was landscape - lighthouses and barns were my favorites - but I got brave and started trying to do portraits. I can draw a person's face, but am still working on capturing likeness, not doing great there. The human form kills me.

Anyway, it's good to be here. I look forward to seeing all the great work (seen some of it already) and learning a few things.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome, Shane! I'm a graphite artist as well, but am just branching out to try my hand at more landscapes as animals and people are what I do mostly. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts