Artist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I am an Aussie, We do have creative sides and have such a beautiful land full of views waiting to be painted.
Painting has given me an insight into the beauty of nature. I am 69 years young and try to take that special memory with what is now a boon. A digital Camera.

I joined this group to get ideas and share some of mine. I use technology where ever possible and I am not a purist. I am striving for realism in my paintings. Never achieved but I like proportions to be correct and aspect as it should be. I am sorry but to my eyes anything else is a decorative object. I am in awe of painters like Rembrandt and his ilk and I am afraid Picasso to me reminds me of the fairy story of the kings new(Invisible) clothes. I cannot see any art at all in his paintings, to me strange pictures of what must have been a very disturbed man. Van Gogh on the other hand may have been a bit strange but would I have just some of his talent.

Still that is me, I realize others do not share my views but that is life and probably they are not Aussies :)

Regards to all Hmmm! even the Picasso lovers ;)

Terry

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Welcome! It is always nice to see a new face around here! Love your work. Very colorful! I am not a painter so admire those who do. Lots of incredibly talented people there. Tons of fun watching what everybody creates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All can say is Bull!, I have had a look at some of your works and you are a bonza painter. I would like to see that horse and cow painting finished.
I am striving for more and more realism and use whatever means to get there. Anyway thanks for encouragement. I am a learner of some 60 years but expect to be perfect next year when I turn 70.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts