Artist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my daughter is 14 years old she started drawing when she was 8,she use to redraw anime now she freehands anime and also draws them on her computer she is quite impressive with her art ...question is what else can i do to nurture her art...i was thinking of a computer drawing pad some new programs but what pad should i get her and what programs and is there online schools out there that she can attend thanks much happy holidays and god bless>>>>Dave

·
Registered
669 Posts
Has she learned foreshortening, 1 and 2 point perspectives, and highlights and shadows? These are needed to make realistic art.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If she is drawing on a computer I would definately advise getting a pad. I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun, they're a great budget tablet. The only program I've tried drawing with is Photoshop. Although if you look around you might be able to find some good alternatives. Online schools may depend on where you are from. I'm from the UK and I only know of:

Open College of the Arts (OCA) and The London Art College for distance learning.

Theres also a wealth of free tutorials on Deviant Art.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cubism is fun! and very interesting i done a lot of Cubism at that age. I used to sketch the picture first and then on my serious piece would draw the lines and work around that either doing the picture jaggered or fitting the picture in the lines. I was definitely different and very fun! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.