Artist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a desert scene which I'd like to draw on a 12"x18" sheet. Have any of you attempted anything this size with pencil? I know Jeff has, but just wondering before hand if there is anything I need to know. When that large sheet is in front of me, it appears quite intimidating.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't you know, bigger is better ;) Go for it, don't be intimadated, I'm sure it will turn out fabulously... I'm used to working with 11x14 although have never attempted a scenic drawing before. I've been meaning to go bigger, I think after this post, I might just have to run over to my art store & pick up some paper.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i haven't done anything "professional" on a large paper but i did do a school project last year. i was like how am i going to cover all of this in led (i think it was 2x4 foot) but i did it, once u start you forget about it being large.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have a desert scene which I'd like to draw on a 12"x18" sheet. Have any of you attempted anything this size with pencil? I know Jeff has, but just wondering before hand if there is anything I need to know. When that large sheet is in front of me, it appears quite intimidating.
Thanks
Crap Sean I realized after I told you this- Ive done 12x16 not 12x18 doh!
Thats where the grid helps me a bit- helps with the starting point and scale
Go for it!! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's all done. It was dumb of me to draw a bunch of rocks on 12x18. That's an S-load of rocks. And I used a grid. And I forgot to proportion in a low border in the picture so I had to visually squish some rocks in.
I learned a bunch on this one.
I'm gonna do my first character (Paladin) next.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Thanks
I am working on a graphite mountain lion that is 18x24. I have done several.18x24 pieces and prefer to work bigger than smaller.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chanda, I will be looking forward to seeing that. Now, I'm wondering if you did 'Another day at the office' in that 18x24 size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts