Artist Forum banner

Daily chat -December 10, 2015

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Asancta 
#1 ·
Good Morning folks.

I hope everyone has a great day today and shares it with all of us.

The high today here is suppose to be 67f (19.4c). Yay. John and Jim (husband and son) are going to be installing a new window in my room.

Today I'm planning to open a bank account just for my painting hobby. I need it because I'm going to set up a Pay Pal account to accept money that way and then I'm going to put some of my work on Etsy. This is all part of the fun. Don't get the idea I'm making much money because I'm not and I am taking a big loss on this hobby, but I'm enjoying myself immensely and that's what I want from life. It's all a game. :laugh:

I'm also thinking about creating a web site, but I haven't decided on that one yet. I've done web sites before but not for my paintings. I'm planning to check out the web sites of our members for ideas.

#5 ·
Hi hi!

Have been training a lot, as always (?

Terry, you're amazing >.< people over 50 here barely knows how to turn on a computer, and you manage to even create a website jajajaja, it's so crazy xD

Ehmm, I'm planning tu buy a Ps3 ._. I never had one and they are at avaliable prices for me now that Ps4 came out :p
We are having 35C right now, I love it :3 (Kind of 95F)

I didn't draw at all this weeks u.u that's too bad, I need to start drawing right now, I'm kind of taking this thing of drawing too serius some times, I should have fun with it more often :p

Disfruten lo que queda del dia! ^^

#7 · (Edited)
Etsy Shop

Well I set up my Etsy shop. This is going to be interesting....maybe. It's really just an experiment I'm doing. I put up three paintings (large ones) that I have in my home. These are my favorite and I had not intended to sell them but I figure I could always do them again if I wanted to, so I put them on Etsy WAY OVER PRICED. If they don't sell, nothing lost, if they do sell I will be flabbergasted.

Check out my shop if you feel like it: (I removed the link)

#8 · (Edited)
Yea @TerryCurley you better set up your shipping policies and payment policies or you'll get a lot of scams believe me...or just jer** that like to fool around.I like that you sell them "overpriced" nothing worse than an artist that sells very cheap and ruins the market.When I used to sell in mercati there were ppl that came to me to negociate and the most insulting argument was" yea but look over there, X sells his paintings for 5 euros and I like better his art" grrrr -"well then go and buy it from there for 5 euros".

#9 ·
I don't really know what to include in shipping and payment policies. It is set up so Etsy processes the payment and puts it in my bank account if one gets sold. Etsy will take a small percentage out of the payment for the processing and they will take all credit and debit cards and paypal. I guess I need to say something about damaged in shipping, but I'm not at all sure how to handle that. I guess the best way is just to put insurance on it to cover the price of the painting. There is a lot to this I haven't thought about.

#10 ·
WOW this is great. You went through a lot of work to put this together. I thought Etsy handled all the payment stuff (for a fee) and just put it in my bank account. Looks like I have some computer work to attend to today. I'll go over what you have done very carefully and use what I can and add my own stuff too.

Thank you again Victoria.

#11 ·
Oh no @TerryCurley this is not mine...was just an example from another artist and if you look up the major sellers on Etsy they all have more or less the same policy.My policy is that I always use Paypal,I use USPS, I refund only if the customer shows me damage(no "I don't like it anymore" type of bs) and I ship only inside US,Canada and very few European countries....and I still get scams.About a week ago someone from ehem(don't tell the country) contacted me saying that they like my X Y Z artworks and if I could send them,pay the shipping and they will send me a check.When I told them I use only paypal and they should pay up front and if they want shipped fast then they should pay for it...never heard from them anymore.

#12 ·
Well I have been looking up my account set up on Etsy and I am set up to use Etsy direct checkout...which handles all the payment processing and credits me the amount. I will not be taking any partial payments.

Right now my return policy is set so I do not take returns. Maybe I should change that. I have to think about it. It is stated as 'no returns' on the offer.

I'll be using only USPS priority mail and will only ship in the US. This is already stated in the offer.

Since you copied the policy write-up from someone else I will start from scratch to do my policy page, but I do thank you for doing this research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.