Artist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Sean.
Always appreciated art, but never tried it myself. For some reason about six months ago I picked up a pencil and started drawing and reading about sketching. The relaxation I've received from drawing is something I've never really experienced before. I've been a Land Surveyor in Northern California for about 40 years, so most of my professional development came from the left brain. I needed to give that side a rest.
I'm truly enjoying this community. Thanks so much for being here!

Sean

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome, Sean! I took a look at your drawings. They are great! I especially like where you drew your feet. Now why didnt I think of that? I can identify with your story, starting drawing for the first time in February, and haven't stopped since.
I look forward to seeing more of your work!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hi there! I am very impressed with your drawings and am anxious to see more. I have watched Don from his beginning works to now and the transformation has been amazing. He has really persevered and come into his own. I have no doubt you will be cranking some amazing drawings as well.

Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I love looking at all these pictures. The creativity here is amazing, hopefully some will migrate my way.
My current learning progress seems to be hampered by two clinging emotions. The first, is my inability to accept that the time I spend drawing is worthwhile. I mean, just for the relaxation/enjoyment should be enough. And the second is that I find it very difficult to draw what I see, and not what I think I see. I know this may sound insignificant yet I can feel the internal battle with most every stroke.
Anyway, thanks again. I shall schedual in this forum as one of my training classes.
Chow for now.
Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts