Artist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started hard out of the gate on this, did the eyes and glasses in one sitting, felt like I was hauling butt...now that Im into the hair and beard ...well, not so much.
:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Very nice so far. Great job on the glasses. I have no clue how you got the reflections from the lenses.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Sean and hickory67-
sean-the glasses? just copying shapes my friend :)
Hickory- the skin tone? I use a mix of cross-hatching and dots, I've figured out that most peoples skin is generally spotty.

Hopefully I'll have another prog pic after tonight- its snowing out- perfect drawing weather!

·
Registered
145 Posts
"just copying shapes my friend"

so easy to say, so difficult to do. My mind sees a total unit. And wants to go there. I guess I need more restraint. "Just the shape. Only." I'm gonna write that on the border of my next drawing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Donny!
Heres slowhand all done.. :)

hmm... now that I look at this pic, it looks like I have more darkening to do on the sweater..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dang Jeff! Do you have a twitter account? You cud be a millionaire selling these portraits to these celebs. You are truly a master at what you do.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thanks very much Michael. ..hmm twitter eh? interesting. I do have a twitter account but havent been using it much...havent done squat as far as the art goes on twitter. ..I appreciate the kind words man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts