Bears, Bluebonnets and Buffalo.

17K views 121 replies 8 participants last post by  DonH 
#1 ·
This is a journal of my daily pastel work . First a bear:
. Texas Hill country bluebonnets:
A buffalo:

See less See more
#16 ·
I had to look at my recent works to see what you meant about "soft"... hadn't really planned it but I do see what you mean, its rather a dreamy style without a great amount of sharp definition. The North American Kestrel work does have more definition as does this next one, a Harris' Hawk. It is from a photo I took of a Falcolner friend's Hawk that recently died about a week after taking the pic.

#21 ·
DonH,

If I remember it right, this is the first time I've seen your pastel works because most of your past posts were made from charcoal. These are excellent, by the way. With your currently average of four art pieces per day, you are very productive and I believe you never run out of artistic concepts in mind. I really like "helping hand" and the "kestrel."

#24 · (Edited)
Don,

As I looked through the works you presented I like the ones that are less rigid and more suggestive. They suggest movement within the piece. With movement they create life beyond just the image presented. The last piece on page one "Bison Herd" I liked it the most, the suggestion of cattle in the field, the feel of it being late in the day, the line strokes. It has life to it. Keep going!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.