Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a journal of my daily pastel work . First a bear:
. Texas Hill country bluebonnets:
A buffalo:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! My current daily average is 4, peaking at eight and a low of one. A few days are all charcoal as the tools travel more easily but I generally try to do both.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
HOLY COW! You are seriously seriously dedicated. KUDOS to you! I am lucky to get my 15 minute sketch in...but my life is a bit on the chaotic side.

Impressive!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Just following a choice I made to do this full time. This one is "A helping hand".

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love "a helping hand"! That is so beautiful! I admire your dedication and love coming on here to see what you're latest works. ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks PMI! Though I have done quite a few sillhouete works, I believe that's my first in pastel. This next painting is, believe it or not, my first commissioned portrait: "Jazzbird"

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! ... this is the pastel version of the same landscapes I did today in Charcoal... "The Bison Herd"

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
your charcoal and pastel work has a very soft look. I noticed that in your landscape works as well as in your great plains buffalo piece. I like your use of color in "After the Storm..but the kestrel just really stands out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had to look at my recent works to see what you meant about "soft"... hadn't really planned it but I do see what you mean, its rather a dreamy style without a great amount of sharp definition. The North American Kestrel work does have more definition as does this next one, a Harris' Hawk. It is from a photo I took of a Falcolner friend's Hawk that recently died about a week after taking the pic.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Chanda and PencilMeIn! This one is an attempt at a "portrait" of a Pinyon Pine tree in my yard.
And now, back to the dreamy style, lol. This is "Platte River Buffalo"

1 - 20 of 122 Posts