Artist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It represents a mathematical constant to 50 places, the first digit (the yellow box) is given slightly more significance by 'sticking out' from the rest of the group of boxes.:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Okay, now that's a dead giveaway but now I'm trying to see how I could have came about that answer based upon the graphic information you provided, namely, that you may be oart cyborg for coming up with this to begin with.

For anyone still remaining in the dark, it's "pi".

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Poisoned Pi

.... "part cyborg" ... lol!

Correct, it's Pi (to 50 decimal places). The first digit - the yellow shape - is the only positive integer (whole number) and is shown sticking out to indicate it is 'different' to all the other digits which follow it. Each shape represents a digit between 0 and 9, which is indicated by 4 conditions of the shape 1) it's height 2) it's width 3) the size of the hole within it 4) it's color as (a double check). Black being '0' doesn't have a hole or any height. '1' is the red shape which has thickness and is wider with a hole, '2' is orange '3' is the yellow, '4' is the green,
'5' is blue, '6' is indigo '7' is violet, '8' is grey, '9' is white. So there you have it!
:eek: I've just noticed the 11th digit box is wrong - it should be grey. A Mathematician buddy of mine cracked this code, but he obviously didn't check the whole sequence out! I'll have to fix that or just entitle the Artwork 'Poisoned Pi'

here is the Pi to 50 places (as if you interested!)
3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why thank you Chanda, that's a very nice thing to say!

With ref to ADHD I think art is a good channel for an active creative mind and you put it to good use as shown in your lovely sketches. I've read that Thomas Edison would have been diagnosed with this and he was pretty high up on the creative scale of things!

ES.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts