Artist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I am a new member and I was contacted by a person claiming to work for a communal artist marketplace called Altamira. They want me to join but when I tried to research them I could find no information outside of the company's own website, no reviews, articles etc.
I was just curious if anyone has heard of them or dealt with them directly selling art on their site?
Thank you

· Registered
1 Posts
I've never heard anything about it, so I think it's a hoax. It's good that you decided to check the information. Today there are a lot of fake companies that are scamming people. Our company has spent a lot of time trying to find a company that would do marketing. On the advice of many users, we decided to go to belkins.io , which was a great decision. This is a terrific company with a lot of experience in marketing. Thanks to their help the number of our clients is constantly increasing.

· Administrator
194 Posts
welcome, guys.
as with anything, if you have to "pay" in one form or another, it is grounds to use extreme caution.
If you send them your photos or works of art, they can use it for their benefit and you have little recourse for retribution.

· Registered
137 Posts
The website is Altamira.art. They claim to be located in Denver, Colorado, USA,

Red Flags:
  • The statement, "We promise to deploy our artistic creativity to open up the art world. " from the website is a bunch of mumbo jumbo with no real world application.
  • The artists have do do all the heavy lifting, including marketing and shipping, insuring, etc.
  • Address provided on website is a house within a huge subdivision
  • Their own link to How to Sell Your Art n Altamira goes nowhere.
  • A visitor is not permitted to see anything other than some hype about the site - one must "sign up" to see any meat.

The only difference I see from places such as Fine Art America is that the products are physical rather than digital prints. As I see it, it is a business run from the owner's home (nothing wrong with that). The business is providing a platform for artists with physical works to sell their art. My personal opinion is that platforms such as Ebay, Etsy, Amazon Handmade, etc. would better serve an artist serious about selling their work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts