Artist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's looking pretty darn amazing, Jeff! Your work's definitely inspiring to me.

Reactions: Jeff

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe, you busted me chanda. I've been doing all kind of other stuff but finishing Aretha...hopefully I can get back in the next few nights... :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW thanks chanda! and thanks ES-
I have such admiration ....i appreciate the motivation you guys provide- it is HUGE. !!!! :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
You're the most prolific artist. The speed and perfection of your portraits (which you're able to draw left handed, right handed, over line and under line) would make any draw software enviest.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow, so real and animating.....I can hear her voice...nicely done Jeff!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks very much for the kind words Dleeg and trickyRaven. Not so sure about the speed part lately, I feel like I ve been really slackin.

Have to admit the use of grids has helped me with proportions and especially with establishing my starting points (I like to start at the eyes and work out).

+ I really got lucky with the texture of the canvas boards lending themselves to human skin. A little cross-hatching, some dots as blemishes- voila! (That totally landed in my lap).

Anyway- trying to stay on the path and improve each time- nothing like a bunch of kick-ass artists pushing you to keep going-

Thanks again guys!

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Great first post finbar. There's nothing like restoring life to four and a half year old thread just to tout the false attributes of a misguided grid system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great first post finbar. There's nothing like restoring life to four and a half year old thread just to tout the false attributes of a misguided grid system.
Hi Just, love your albums. Regrettably I don't have a shadow of your skills so forgive me for using any crutches I find to get me off the mark.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Hi Just, love your albums. Regrettably I don't have a shadow of your skills so forgive me for using any crutches I find to get me off the mark.
Most people don't. Using grids will keep you from getting here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts