Artist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Pencil & Digital Drawings
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started to offer a small portion of my drawings for sale on two websites. But I wonder how useful this is. Does anyone ever sell anything through these websites? I am referring to ArtPal.com and Vsual.co

I make stylized figurative art, nothing complicated, and I am not entirely lacking in talent, so I should at least sell some prints on demand. Are am I kidding myself?

ArtPal Vsual

· Registered
Digital art, editing, the likes
59 Posts
I recently started to offer a small portion of my drawings for sale on two websites. But I wonder how useful this is. Does anyone ever sell anything through these websites? I am referring to ArtPal.com and Vsual.co

I make stylized figurative art, nothing complicated, and I am not entirely lacking in talent, so I should at least sell some prints on demand. Are am I kidding myself?

ArtPal Vsual
I myself am not very good at the sort so not really, my art is mostly a mix of editing, drawing, and a little bit inbetween but I would do commissions if anyone would by, so I wouldn't take to saying it like that, you can probably sell if you just find the right market.

· Registered
8 Posts

ArtPal Vsual
What I've been seeing so far is that it takes time, I think at least 3 months. Also, if we don't hit the perfect time to post then our work will get lost amongst all the other art. We have to try and get around this by promoting, getting the word out. So that 3 months shouldn't be it just uploaded and forgotten. It should be 3 months of spreading the word.

I am very new to trying to sell art online so I have yet to prove this is a successful formula. What I have found so far is that working at promoting the piece keeps me inspired. I don't feel depressed as I sit there and stare at zero sales, you know?

I wish you the best!

· Registered
Digital painting, Clip Studio Paint/ Rebelle
5 Posts
I think those sites are better suited to those who already have a following. The problem is that there is so much art on any site that I don't think people browse. I think they usually just search for a particular artist that they already know. This is all just guessing as I have never used a site like that. I'm a freelance illustrator and I get hired to create a client specific image, not usually an image that is already done, though I have sold a couple that way also. I use DeviantArt to host my gallery. I know they have a feature to sell prints but I have never opted in to that feature, I'm not sure how much of a cut they take, and I'm not sure how successful people are at selling prints.

You might also take a look at the site "Behance" I think they are one of the largest sites to sell art.

· Registered
10 Posts
I sell occasionally on fineartamerica/pixels and also on Zazzle. Even less often on Society6 and Redbubble and I have to tell you that selling art online is not easy and you have to put in the work to promote yourself, whether that be on social media like Twitter, sites like Pinterest or your own blog. You have to build a following and get your art in front of people with links to your sites. It is a marathon and not a sprint, it can take years to get to a point where you see any sales. I have a premium account with faa and a website comes with it but they don't promote me. I have 12 stores on Zazzle and have been there for 8 years, they also don't promote me personally. It is up to me to promote me. I am still not to a point where I could live strictly off of my art sales. That is the goal and I hope I live that long.

Good luck in your art selling journey!

Shelli Fitzpatrick-Artist

1 - 11 of 11 Posts