Artist Forum banner

Are You Decorating For The Holidays Yet?

5K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Asancta 
My husband will not allow a real tree in the house, we put up an artificial one. I so miss the real tree smell. SO.....Yesterday I got some Christmas Tree branches for free from Lowes where they sell Christmas trees. I put up two clusters of real branches. One in the dinning room and one in the living room. Hubby is OK with it, and I have my Christmas Tree smell again:vs_karate:.

Last year was the first year I have had a fake Christmas tree and I HATED it. We still have it for emergency years when the mountains are so full of snow (like last year) that going and cutting one down is impossible. My kid was so upset - bawling - that we couldn't go cut down our tree. It was the first year in his life we didn't go and I honestly think he despises our fake tree. This year we are making the effort to go no matter the weather or the roads..lol. It's tradition and it's obvious that skipping that tradition makes us all unhappy.
Real Christmas trees like Spruce don't grow in Arkansas, the climate is too warm. In New York we would go to a tree farm and get one, but here there is no such thing. They are shipped from the North and sold already cut and unbelievably expensive. We could cut a small cedar or Lob Lolly pine on our property, but those are not Christmas Trees in my book and don't have the Christmas smell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.