Artist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I'm a newbee on this forum and was looking for suggestions on how to paint stage lighting onto a dry canvas with acrylics. I'm done with the rest of the painting and want to add the lighting now. I'm an armature painter but really enjoy my subject and work so far and don't want to screw this part up. :)
Deb
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Folks,
I'm a newbee on this forum and was looking for suggestions on how to paint stage lighting onto a dry canvas with acrylics. I'm done with the rest of the painting and want to add the lighting now. I'm an armature painter but really enjoy my subject and work so far and don't want to screw this part up. :)
Deb
View attachment 67580
I'd start by getting myself familiar with glazing techniques using acrylics. Start by glazing the lighting color onto the canvas using a small amount of acrylic mixed with an ample amount of gloss medium. Additional layers of glaze can be applied. Practice on a test canvas. The glazing layer can be dried with a warm hair dryer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Folks,
Deb
View attachment 67580
Hi
As a fellow artist I found that topic quite interesting and got me a bit curious about that painting medium as well especially since I noticed it's quite a popular painting way of art lately. I came across quite a potentially helpful video on the topic and I thought I'd share it here as well in camse it can provide with some extra information on how to work properly with the acrylics. Hopefully it'll help you too: link

1 - 4 of 4 Posts