Artist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
DLeeG, my heart goes out to you on the terrible loss of your child. Very sorry to hear this.

Wingedrat, yes, I've looked at stuff I did in grade and highschool and almost puke too. Each time you create a piece of art, you unkowningly sharpen your skills and develop your very own techinque. As the years go by subject matter and mediums gets easier.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've started artwork and put it away for years. Then pull it back out and complete it.

Weird!

But then I'm a crazy artist, somtimes I don't know what I'm thinking when completing a piece. Looking at it a few days or months later, I ask myself "What the heck did I do that for?"

People seem to like the outcome and sombody will buy it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've thrown and gave away many pieces. There are a few I gave away and regret it. I look back at a few pieces from when I was young laugh at them and shake my head.

The more art you create, the more experienced and advanced you become.

I'm hoping someday to create something I really like. Seems after completing a piece, I look at it and see something wrong, or needs changed. But nobody else can see it unless I point it out them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.