Artist Forum banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Here is an update on the NM art show I entered: on the first day, "Legends of the Hunt" sold for the asking price. I am simply blown away.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Thanks Chanda!
At the urging of a family member, I added a mischevious Blue Heeler puppy.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Send some of that corn my way!!! We are done with everything here..got a frost a few weeks ago and snow predicted for the wknd. Boooo

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
No snow here yet, good thing, a lot of corn still to harvest. I have made a commitment to 15 minutes a day painting, albeit through bleary eyes. Some clouds boiled up to the east last week and my imagination went wild with the scene. Here is detail (About 1/5th of the whole painting) from my work in progress, "They Ride the Endless Sky"

·
Registered
464 Posts
Very nice, Don! Glad to see you share again, I was going through withdrawal. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Thank you both! I took a bit of a turn tonight, I know this is a pastel, but put it in this thread... from a scene in my mind... "Misty Cliffs"

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm diggin they ride the endless sky-cant wait to see the whole thing. great work man!! congrats on the sale, like Chanda I'm not at all surprised. I would imagine if you scanned your work and made giclee prints you could sell those babies constantly.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Thanks so much, Jeff! I do have several kinds of prints for sale on my home page. No takers yet, lol.

Here is more done to "They Ride the Endless Sky"

This constitutes about 25 percent of the total painting. The aparent steel look on the bull's noses, horns and hooves is intentional and integral to the meaning of the painting.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Painting just a few minutes a day has been a challenge; hats pff to those who do it regularly. Here is my progress on "They Ride the Endless Sky"

121 - 140 of 156 Posts