Artist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Raquel! The 400 or so charoals and pastels I've done helped make the transition easier. I seem to be able to express what's in my mind better in acrylics and will be doing more.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Those are beautiful Don! Is there no end to your talent, lol! I love the vibrant colors.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Your acrylic work is wonderful! I think you have an affinity for it. The first one is my favorite.

Last one looks like Heather Locklear..:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate that, Chanda! I've always known I would end up in acrylics if not oils... lofty goals. The last one did look rather like Heather, but the intent was to test skin color in the new medium. I used a multi level glazing technique.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, Zora! I look forward to more postings of your beautiful work.

Based on the Canadian River Valley, this is "The Homecoming". 16 x 20 on stretched canvas.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thank you, Chanda! Your comment was quite unexpected. That is what I've been thinking: Acrylic fits me. I love the effects of light, and can effortlessly handle that with this medium. The quick drying is perfect for my fast style. Neither of the two last paintings took more than two hours. I don't use a color chart, mixed from only 6 colors (cheap Walmart craft acrylic paint), intuitive combinations don't get in the way of the creative process.

·
Registered
464 Posts
That train has left me speechless...you are truly inspiring, Don.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wowza!!! Is that going in the gallery?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now there is a reaction! Thanks! Yes, the plans are to place in in the gallery this weekend.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts