Artist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, Buck! Those are very impressive. How long does a painting like the first one take you to do? How long have you been painting for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Sylvester Stallone took somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-45 hours to complete.

I took up painting seriously in March of 2010.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOVE these. The Stallone was is all together incredible. I think it would be cool to add a solid color background to him. Just an opinion. You did a great job on the second one too. (Alyssa Milano, I think?) Especially on her mouth and teeth. Nice work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow buck nice job. I am trying out Water color myself and then Acrylic. I am also painting portraits and what ever I decide at the timIe. I painted Shannon Dorothy, Patric Swecy and Bob Dylon. I have painted other faces just to make up something. But all these are done in Oil. I also did charcoal portraits of faces I made up, except for Tyler and i forgot the name of the other fella but they are together on the same drawing and they are from Arosmith group. I still don't know how to post anything on this forum or any other forum for that matter, but hay that's a good job, keep it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upload your images to photobucket or another image hosting site. Hotlink them using the share option. Copy and paste the code from in share options. It's easy. For bulletin bored like this one it will be the BB code option. Other forums allow HTML in their posts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
LOVE these. The Stallone was is all together incredible. I think it would be cool to add a solid color background to him. Just an opinion. You did a great job on the second one too. (Alyssa Milano, I think?) Especially on her mouth and teeth. Nice work.
Using a solid color background on really makes monochromatic images pop off the canvas. I used an acrylic spray paint for most of this one. The Stallone I wanted to give a really serious look so I did in greyscale only.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Excellent work! I love the use of color in the second one and the striking orange background. You've captured the essence of each one perfectly. Beautiful job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts